This service has been established to provide minor oral surgery procedures to patients who do not require full hospital treatment, but who need a treatment that their dental practitioner is unable to provide.
Most common oral services include extraction (moderate to difficult, including wisdom teeth), reconstructive dental oral surgery, and placing dental implants.
Benefits of dental implants
Oral surgery can provide multiple treatments (under local anaesthesia or with intravenous sedation as needed, all depending on patient assessment), including the following:
- Routine extraction of teeth including non-impacted and mildly impacted third molars (wisdom teeth)
- Removal of buried/ broken teeth and fractured roots
- Lingual frenectomies (tongue tie)
- Labial frenectomies (lip tie)
- Intraoral hard and soft tissue grafting
- Dental biopsies