UK Dental Specialists are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We aim to be clear when we collect your data and not do anything you wouldn’t reasonably expect.
This Policy explains when and why we collect personal information, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
We may change this Policy from time to time so please check this page occasionally on our website to ensure that you’re happy with any changes. By using our website, you agree to be bound by this Policy.
Any questions regarding this Policy and our privacy practices should be sent to our Data Controller. You can do this:
By email, to: [email protected]
By telephone:01727 800372
By writing to: UK Dental Specialists, 216a Watford road St Albans AL2 3EA
Who we are
Established in Chiswell Green, St Albans since 2009, Formally known as Chiswell Green Specialist Dental Centre, UK Dental Specialists has provided the highest standards of specialist private dentistry for over 10 years. We are proud to offer our patients the ultimate experience demonstrating the art of dental excellence. We are fortunate to be able to offer such a vast range of specialist dental care including endodontic, orthodontic, periodontic, prosthodontic, oral surgery and dental implants in St Albans. Intravenous sedation is also available if required. Our experienced team of specialists, therapists, nurses, patient care advisors and receptionists are here for our patients.
To ensure we can provide your care safely and effectively, we need to be certain that we have correctly addressed your needs and wishes, answered your questions and also have taken account of your medical history and any treatment that you are undergoing as this may affect how we can provide care for you safely. Your care may involve several members of our team at this practice and we want to assure you that all members of our team will respect the confidential nature of the information that you have provided and will always protect it from being used by others in an unauthorised way.
We will ask you to complete in writing how and in what circumstances we may use this information in future. You can choose to stop email, telephone calls, addressed post and/or text messages directed to you by
contacting us on or by email us:
Where do we collect information about you?
We collect information about you in the following ways:
When you give it to us INDIRECTLY?
We obtain information about you when you:
- Attend our practice as a patient
- Complete documentation such as a Medical History form
- Agree to or request referral to and from other professionals
- Receive support from us by contacting us by telephone, text or email
- Take part in one of our surveys
- Attend one of our events
- By submitting an online enquiry to us
- Make payments to us using a card, credit agency or payment plan
- use our website
Where do we collect information about you?
- We may receive information about you from a referring practice
When you give permission to OTHER ORGANISATIONS to share
- If you permit other organisations to give us information such as if you apply for a loan in connection with treatment
- A dental insurance company
What type of information
The type and quantity of information we collect and how we use it depends on why you are providing it.
Typically, the basic personal information we collect might include:
- Your name
- Your contact details
- Home address
- Medical records
- Dental records
- Your email address
- Your telephone number
- Your GP name and practice address
- Your next of kin or carer contact details
- Your family members names
If you use our website we collect your IP address, and information regarding what pages are accessed and when.
How do we use your information?
- We process and use your information to provide you with safe dental care.
How long do we keep this information?
Your records are retained for a for 15 years
How do we keep this information safe?
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that there are appropriate technical measures in place to protect it. For example, access is restricted only to those who are entitled to see the data, our online templates, emails and audits are always encrypted and our network is protected and routinely monitored.
Who has access to this information?
- You have a right to ask us to stop processing your personal data and, if it’s not necessary for the purpose you provided it to us (e.g. to provide you with the services, products or information you asked for, processing your payment) we will do so.
- You have a right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you. If you want to access your information, send an e-mail, to: [email protected]
- Alternatively, you can put your request in writing to: 216a Watford road St Albans AL2 3EA
- You have a right to have any incorrect information to be corrected. If there are any discrepancies in the information we provide, please let us know and we will correct them.
- You have a right to choose whether or not you wish to receive information from us.
How you can access your information
If you would like to access the information we hold about you, please:
Send an e-mail, to [email protected]
Write to: Claudio Peru
Please note, we may ask you to complete a data release form in order to help us locate the information that would like access to.
If you are updating your preferences, we need your name and address to make sure we update the right information but we will always ask you before we use any of your data for marketing purposes.
If you have any questions regarding this policy, our privacy practices or data protection, please contact our Data Controller.